Sandcastle Waterpark Terms and Conditions of Entry
Sandcastle Waterpark together with its owner, Blackpool Operating Company Ltd, places great importance on the safety of its visitors and the memorable experience they should take with them from their time in our attraction.
Guests are welcomed to the Sandcastle Waterpark subject to the following Terms and Conditions (a copy of which is available on request). You will not be allowed on if you display any behaviour which gives rise to a reasonable belief that you will not comply with these regulations.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Tickets cannot be sold by or passed to any third party. However, the management at Sandcastle Waterpark reserves the right to transfer tickets to another date at any time if it is deemed necessary i.e. Essential maintenance is required. Court proceedings will be pursued against anyone in breach.
- You must have a valid Admission ticket to enter the attractions and entry must be by valid or lawful means. Admission tickets must be retained as proof of payment; any member of Sandcastle Waterpark Blackpool staff may request to see tickets at any time.
- Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge.
- No child or children under the age of 12 will be admitted to the building unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times(18 years or older). Water safety ratio’s require adults aged 18 years or older to supervise babies, toddlers, small children and weak or non swimmers.
- Once you have entered the building, if you do not comply with these regulations or we believe, with reasonable cause, that you have not complied with them, we (Sandcastle Waterpark personnel or a Police Officer) will remove you from the building. If you refuse to leave, you will be deemed to be trespassing and we may use reasonable force to remove you. If you are ejected from the building, you will have no right to a refund.
- You must not use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behave in a manner, which, in the opinion of any member of the Sandcastle staff, has caused, or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to any other person or which in any way is likely to provoke such behaviour from another.
- If you behave in a manner which will or is likely to endanger the safety of another, you will be escorted from the building. The climbing of, or standing upon, fences, barriers, walls, ride structures, or buildings is strictly prohibited for this reason.
- We cannot refund any money if a waterslide or attraction is closed or breaks down, in the event of an evacuation of the building or if you are asked to leave.
- All attractions, amusements and other facilities must only be used in accordance with any written rules, regulations or guidelines or verbal instructions given by the operator.
- Sandcastle Waterpark Blackpool accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however it arises (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any attraction undertaken and/or during evacuation from such an attraction in the event of breakdown. We cannot refund any money if a waterslide or attraction is closed or breaks down, in the event of an evacuation of the building or if you are asked to leave.
- You are not allowed to display any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could be reasonably judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting.
- You must be dressed appropriately at all times whilst in the building – this includes wearing a top and shoes. If you are wearing clothing that is deemed indecent or likely to cause offence in any way, you will not be allowed entry.
- Smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is prohibited within all areas of Sandcastle Waterpark.
- No weapon, firearm, explosive, noxious gas or liquid or any other substance or article which can or may be used to cause harm to another or damage to property can be brought into the building.
- No alcohol or intoxicant or any drugs falling under the misuse of drugs act 1971 may be brought into the building. If we reasonably believe you are in possession of any item as detailed above we (Sandcastle Waterpark personnel or Police Officer) reserve the right to search you.
- Accessibility and Assistance Animals are welcome at the Sandcastle Waterpark but must be kept under close control at all times. Sandcastle Waterpark can offer an Assistance Animal sitting by prior arrangement and subject to availability of resources. Please call 01253 340721.
- Those purchasing an admission ticket on behalf of a guest with a disability may be asked to produce proof of disability, for example Blue Badge holders, Disability Living Allowance record book, Attendance Allowance book, Invalidity benefit book, Visual Impairment registration card (BD8) or Blue/Orange parking permit – if you do not have access to any of these please contact us where we will be happy to discuss your individual situation. For more information on Accessibility, please see our dedicated website page.
- Certain premises within Sandcastle Waterpark Blackpool are authorised to sell alcohol in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. Any alcohol purchased at one of these premises must be consumed on the premises or where the premises have an external guest area, within the boundaries of this area, as authorised by the act.
- From time-to-time Sandcastle Waterpark Blackpool or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in Sandcastle Waterpark, which may feature visitors. Entry to the building is deemed acceptance of these Regulations, and you therefore agree that Sandcastle Waterpark or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Sandcastle Waterpark or such authorised party (as the case may be).
UPDATED November 2023
Website – Terms, Conditions and Privacy
Users are not authorised to download, extract, add, modify or delete any information held on the Sandcastle Waterpark website. Any attempt to de-face, damage or change the content or structure of the site will be considered a breach of these terms. All images/text are copyright to the respective owners, you are not authorised to download/reproduce the images in any way without prior written permission from the copyright owner. Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, The Sandcastle Waterpark. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorised use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
In preparing this site (www.sandcastle-waterpark.co.uk), we have made every effort to offer current, correct and clearly expressed information, as inadvertent errors can occur and relevant laws and regulations change on a regular basis – the information offered may be neither current nor accurate. All of the information contained within this site (www.sandcastle-waterpark.co.uk ) is intended as a guide to the services offered by Sandcastle Waterpark. None of the information contained within the site contributes professional advice, nor does the information constitute a comprehensive or complete statement on any of the issues discussed.
Sandcastle Waterpark accept no responsibility resulting from reliance on any information contained within this site nor does it accept responsibility or liability for, (1) enabling users to link to any site on the internet other than our website, or (2) the contents of any other site, whether it is one from which you may have been prior to linking to this web site, or one to which you may link to from this web site.
Sandcastle Waterpark is the data controller, as defined by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, collecting the information obtained by this web site, (www.sandcastle-waterpark.co.uk ), for specified purposes as outlined below. Sandcastle Waterpark may transfer the information provided to its divisions and/or subsidiary companies where it is necessary to meet the purpose for which the information was submitted. By submitting any information to the data controller, the user authorises the transfer of data to the subsidiaries and divisions mentioned above to meet the purposes for which the information was submitted.
Data Collection and Purpose
Sandcastle Waterpark will only collect data and use personal information, which has been voluntarily provided by visitors to this site. A user may browse this site without submitting or disclosing any personal information.
Third party disclosure/third party Links
Sandcastle Waterpark will only disclose personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary to fulfil a request submitted by the user.
- As required by a court or other legal or regulatory requirement.
Sandcastle Waterpark accepts no responsibility or liability for, (1) enabling users to link to any site on the internet other than our website, or (2) the contents of any other site, whether it is one from which you may have been prior to linking to this web site, or one to which you may link to from this web site.
Any old Survey Monkey vouchers can only be redeemed if the terms and conditions on the voucher are adhered to, including being checked off against a valid email address on our booking system at Reception. Photocopies and vouchers obtained through unauthorized third party websites will not be accepted under any circumstances.
South Beach, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 1BB : Tel 01253 343 602
Vat reg 825 9009 23
Company Information: Blackpool Operating Company Ltd Registered in England 1729327
Registered Office: Number One Bickerstaffe Square, Talbot Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 3AH.
Privacy and Data Access Rights
You have a right to access the personal information that we hold on you or have it erased completely at any time. To obtain a copy of the personal information or have it erased, please email us at:
enclosing your postal details and the details of your request.
Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Team
PO Box 4
Security – at Sandcastle Waterpark, information security is very important and we have taken many steps to make sure your online shopping experience with us is secure. Information about you will be kept safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect and secure information that is collected online.
If you forget your password, you can request a new password, which will be emailed to the address we hold for you. You can change your password anytime through the account facilities on the website. Should we think that there is likely to be, or has been any breach of security, we may change your password and notify you of the change by email.
Payment Card Security – Our Certificate is with Thwate and we use the latest SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology taking additional steps to make sure your information is as safe as possible to make sure that the details you provide when placing an order are kept private and secure, making shopping on our website safe. Our secure server encrypts your credit or debit card number details along with your personal information and changes them into bits of code that are then securely sent over the internet. Your browser will show when you are in a secure environment by displaying either a locked padlock or an image of a key in the grey bar at the bottom of the page; it may also warn you when you are entering a secured environment as you go to place your order. Once your payment information is received by us, your payment card is processed through the same systems that handle in- house sales so they’re tried and tested over many years of secure operation.
Security in our offices – access to your information is restricted in our stores and offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The servers that store this information are kept in a secure environment.
Sandcastle Waterpark is committed to Guest Service Excellence and Inclusion For All.
Online Sales – Terms and Conditions
Guests are welcomed to the Sandcastle Waterpark subject to the following Terms and Conditions (a copy of which is available on request).
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Tickets cannot be sold or passed to any third party. However, the management at Sandcastle Waterpark reserves the right to transfer tickets to another date at any time if it is deemed necessary i.e. Essential maintenance is required.
Age, height and weight restrictions apply on some waterslides and attractions. Sandcastle Waterpark reserves the right to refuse admission on attractions where the minimum age and height restrictions aren’t met, or where the maximum weight restriction is exceeded.
When booking tickets online and prior to payment, the terms and conditions do state all bookings are strictly non-refundable where session times are in operation. These bookings will be strictly non-transferable under any circumstances.
All guests entering the Waterpark must have a unique ORDER REFERENCE NUMBER.
Those purchasing an admission ticket on behalf of a guest with a disability may be asked to produce proof of disability, for example Blue Badge holders, Disability Living Allowance record book, Attendance Allowance book, Invalidity benefit book, Visual Impairment registration card (BD8) or Blue/Orange parking permit – if you do not have access to any of these please contact us where we will be happy to discuss your individual situation. For more information on our Access for All information please click here
Sandcastle Waterpark reserves the right to:
- Refuse admission e.g for rowdy behaviour or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Refuse entry to any person or remove any guest from Sandcastle Waterpark
- Carry out reasonable searches of an individual or property prior to entry to Sandcastle Waterpark
- Carry out reasonable surveillance of an individual whilst in Sandcastle Waterpark for security and safety purposes
- Last admission one hour before published closing time
- Sandcastle Waterpark reserves the right to change times and dates of opening without prior notice.
- Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
- Sorry, we cannot refund any money if a waterslide or attraction is closed or breaks down, in the event of an evacuation of the building or if you are asked to leave.
Please be aware that booking process is quick, easy and convenient. Sandcastle Waterpark uses a third party payment processor to take online bookings and makes every effort to ensure complete guest confidentiality with regards to any on-line payments. Credit card details will be secured via encrypted means as it travels over the Internet.
Please note there are special height, age and weight restrictions on some of our waterslides and attractions please check full details on each attraction for more information.
Information we Collect
Name, address and postcode – without this we won’t know where to send your order or to whom. We also use postcodes to quickly get your full address to save you typing it out.
Age / date of birth – we may request an age and date of birth in order to offer certain products, such as Birthday Parties. We may also use this to send you e.g. birthday related offers, if you have agreed to receive marketing communications – you are not obliged to provide this Information.
Email address – we will send a confirmation of your order via email as well as other service related communication. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications these may also be sent by email.
Telephone numbers – if there are any problems with your order or we need to check anything, we need to be able to contact you quickly.
Payment card number, expiry date, issue no and name of card holder – A payment card is required to buy online products. We do not retain your payment card information as this is processed by Sage pay with SSL Technology. Only the last four digits are retained by us for identification purposes.
Where you heard about us – we may ask you this to help make our marketing more efficient.
Correspondence – if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Sensitive personal data – sensitive personal data includes, for example, information related to your health, race or ethnic origin or religion. By giving us any sensitive personal data, you consent to us sharing this with relevant team members so we can provide you with the goods or services requested by you.
IP addresses – when you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device
Sandcastle Waterpark Test and Trace Privacy Notice: – Added Monday 14th September 2020
The purpose of this processing is to support the NHS Test and Trace in England. Sandcastle Waterpark is required to collect the details, and maintain records, of staff, customers and visitors on their premises.
Sandcastle Waterpark is the data controller, as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018, for the data obtained at the point the information is collected from an individual.
Sandcastle Waterpark will be responsible for compliance with data protection legislation for the period of time it holds the information.
What Personal Data We Collect
For the purpose of the Test and Trace scheme, Sandcastle Waterpark will collect:
- The names of all customers or visitors, or if it is a group of people, the name of one member of the group.
- A contact phone number for each customer or visitor, or for the lead member of a group of people.
- Date of visit and arrival and departure time.
This data will either be taken from:
- The information provided on your online booking form or
- You will be asked to provide this data at the time you visit and purchase a wristband at our kiosk.
Your data that is collected for NHS Test and Trace will be retained locally by Sandcastle Waterpark for 21 days after your visit, at which point it will be deleted or destroyed, unless Sandcastle Waterpark usually collects the data for other legitimate business purposes in accordance with the GDPR.
Where your data is passed to NHS Test and Trace in the case of a suspected outbreak, your information will be kept for up to 8 years, as part of the standard contact-tracing retention period set out by PHE
Information collected as part of this contact-tracing initiative will be stored securely and lawfully by Sandcastle Waterpark and by NHS Test and Trace (if passed to them), in line with the requirements of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
Sandcastle Waterpark’s legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- GDPR Article 6(1)(e): the processing is necessary for the performance of its official tasks carried out in the public interest in providing and managing a health service.
- GDPR Article 9(2)(h): the processing is necessary for the management of health or social care systems and services.
- GDPR Article 9(2)(i): the processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health.
- DPA 2018 – Schedule 1, Part 1, s.3: Public Health.
- DPA 2018 – Schedule 1, Part 1, (2)(2)(f): Health or social care purposes.
Individual Rights as a Data Subject
By law, you have a number of rights as a data subject and this collection of your information does not take away or reduce these rights.
You have a right to:
- Get copies of your information: you have the right to ask for a copy of any information about you that is used.
- Get your information corrected: you have the right to ask for any information held about you that you think is inaccurate, to be corrected.
- Limit how your information is used: you have the right to ask for any of the information held about you to be restricted, for example, if you think inaccurate information is being used.
- Object to your information being used: you can ask for any information held about you to not be used. However, this is not an absolute right, and we may need to continue using your information, and we will tell you if this is the case.
- Get information deleted: this is not an absolute right, and we may need to continue to use your information, and we will tell you if this is the case.
If you’re unhappy or wish to complain about how your personal data is used as part of this programme, you should contact Sandcastle Waterpark in the first instance to resolve your issu
If this is unsuccessful, you can also raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data Protection Officer
Sandcastle Waterpark’s Data Protection Officer is Mr Jonathan Pickup and can be contacted at email@example.com or in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Team
PO Box 4